Advance Awareness and Understanding of Critical Cybersecurity Issues
RSA® Conference, the world’s leading information security conferences and expositions, today concluded its 31st annual event at the Moscone Center in San Francisco. The year’s event attracted over 26,000 attendees, including 600+ speakers, 400+ exhibitors, and over 400 members of the media. Throughout the week, attendees networked on the expo floor and participated in keynote presentations, track sessions, tutorials, seminars, and special events.
Several of the most pressing topics discussed during this year’s Conference included issues surrounding privacy and surveillance, the positive and negative impacts of machine learning and artificial intelligence, the nuances of risk and policy, and cybersecurity-focused innovations across crypto and blockchain.
“RSA Conference plays a critical role in bringing the cybersecurity industry together. As cyberattacks grow in frequency and sophistication, it’s imperative that practitioners and experts across the public and private sector convene to hear unique perspectives to help address today’s biggest challenges,” said Linda Gray Martin, Vice President, RSA Conference. “We’re committed to providing a year-round platform for the community to engage, learn and access content, whether it’s online through RSAC 365 or at in-person events, as we all work together to contend with whatever cybersecurity challenges come next.”
RSA Conference 2022 highlights include:
- 34 keynote presentations on two stages. West Stage keynotes featured sponsor keynotes, panels and esteemed guest speakers, and South Stage keynotes brought highly coveted sessions from industry experts to a broader audience.
- 600+ speakers across 350+ sessions and nearly 400 exhibitors on the expo floors.
- Key session and seminar presentations included:
- Rethinking the Cybersecurity Challenge from an IC Perspective – Michèle Flournoy, Co-Founder and Managing Partner, WestExec Advisors; and Avril Haines, Director of National Intelligence, Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI)
- The Cryptographers’ Panel – Whitfield Diffie, Cryptographer and Security Expert, Cryptomathic; Moni Naor, Professor of Computer Science, Weizmann Institute of Science; Adi Shamir, Borman Professor of Computer Science, The Weizmann Institute, Israel; Dawn Song, Professor of EECS, Director of Center on Responsible Decentralized Intelligence, UC Berkeley; and Dr. Zulfikar Ramzan, Chief Scientist and CEO, Aura Labs (Moderator)
- Five Most Dangerous New Attach Techniques – Rob T Lee, Chief Curriculum Director and Faculty Lead, SANS Institute; Heather Mahalik, DFIR Curriculum Lead and Sr. Director of Digital Intelligence, SANS Institute and Cellebrite; Katie Nickels, Certified Instructor and Director of Intelligence, SANS Institute and Red Canary; Johannes Ullrich, Dean of Research, SANS Technology Institute; and Ed Skoudis, President, SANS Technology Institute (Moderator)
- Hugh Thompson Show: Exploring Information Disorder – Katie Couric, Journalist and Founder of Katie Couric Media; Chris Krebs, Founding Director of Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), Senior Newmark Fellow in Cybersecurity Policy for Aspen Digital, Co-Founder of Krebs Stamos Group; Rashad Robinson, President, Color Of Change; and Hugh Thompson, Program Committee Chair, RSA Conference (Moderator)
- Talon Cyber Security being named “RSA Conference 2022’s Most Innovative Startup” by the Innovation Sandbox’s judges’ panel comprised of technology, venture and security industry thought leaders.
- The Award for Excellence in the field of Mathematics co-sponsored by IACR being given to: Cynthia Dwork, professor of Computer Science at the John A. Paulson School of Engineering and Applied Sciences at Harvard University, and Moni Naor, professor of Computer Science at the Weizmann Institute of Science in Israel.
- The Lifetime Achievement Award being given to Alan Paller, the founder of SANS and former President of the SANS Technology Institute.
- RSAC College Day welcoming over 300 college students, recent grads and faculty to network with leading companies, explore career opportunities, attend dedicated education events and experience RSA Conference sessions and the expo floor.
“RSA Conference is where the world talks security, and this week has been an amazing example of the importance of this event to our community,” said Dr. Hugh Thompson, Program Committee Chair at RSA Conference and Managing Partner of Crosspoint Capital Partners. “Our independent program committee works tirelessly all year to ensure that the content our participants receive, engage with and debate delivers actionable insights to make businesses, individuals, and society safer. Thank you to all who came and participated – we look forward to seeing you again in San Francisco next year.”
RSA Conference 2023 will take place April 24-27, 2023 in San Francisco at the Moscone Center.
RSAC EXHIBITOR AND PARTNER QUOTES:
“RSAC 2022 provided a much-needed opportunity to see familiar faces from across the cybersecurity community, meet new members from all facets of the industry and hear refreshing perspectives on security issues. From the packed audience at the CrowdStrike keynote, to the non-stop both traffic, and the security professionals we spoke to, the energy was pumping as we had important, timely conversations on how to better protect the most critical areas of enterprise risk.”
Pamela Corcoran, Senior Director, Global Events at CrowdStrike
“It has been refreshing to see this year’s RSA Conference once again bringing attendees together in person to share the latest innovations and thought leadership, which continues to mature the security industry. As digital transformation reshapes the way organizations operate, it’s clear from many of the presentations and booth themes that all businesses truly are software businesses; thus, also working to manage the associated risk. The Synopsys team in attendance took part in numerous conversations with customers, partners, and prospects around how businesses can innovate and deliver value to customers that is powered by secure, reliable software that they can trust. The RSA Conference provides an incredible venue to explore these new opportunities, relationships, ideas, and strategies.”
Jason Schmitt, General Manager at Synopsys